- Again! This time with a heightened awareness of “how can I bring this into my interactions?” Read chapters 6-10 of Merge Left by Ian Haney Lopez
- Race, Class, and Gender: Notice and consider what assumptions you make in your interactions. Check out these Classism articles from Nancy:
- Video: A Broader We, with Ian Haney Lopez (90 min)
- Podcast: Seeing White
- Practice Staci Haines’ 5-min Somatic Centering to respond when triggered, embody our commitments, and take action from what we care about most. (Or 7-min practice has more explanation.)
Watch/listen to recent suggestions:
- Indivisible – A grassroots movement of thousands of local Indivisible groups with a mission to elect progressive leaders and rebuild our democracy.
- Somatic Opening Strozzi Institute replay June 13 — highly recommended! (1 hour)
- Thanks to Sherrin for sharing this moving essay demonstrating how the personal is political, and where change really happens: What a Black Man Discovered When He Met the White Mother He Never Knew.
After George Floyd’s murder by a Minneapolis Police officer on May 25, 2020, our mindfulness community came together as a commitment to being a positive force for racial justice. We continue to evolve these monthly open meetings to affect real and lasting change in the fabric of the United States and the world.
Each session is inspiring as we listen, learn, share and stir up ideas and actions, supporting each other in a safe space.