- Read chapters 6-10 of Merge Left by Ian Haney Lopez
- Practice Staci Haines’ 5-min Somatic Centering to respond when triggered, embody our commitments, and take action from what we care about most. (Or 7-min practice has more explanation.)
- Thanks to Sherrin for sharing this moving essay: What a Black Man Discovered When He Met the White Mother He Never Knew.
Watch/listen to recent suggestions you may have missed:
Deconstructing White Privilege with Dr. Robin DiAngelo (20-min video)
- How to Talk and When to Walk Away (20-min NPR Interview)
- The lie that invented racism | John Biewen (18-min TED Talk)
- Whitewashed: Unmasking the World of Whiteness (34 min)
- Why The Gold Rush Is One Of The Darkest Moments In US History (11-min video)
- Black Inventors Hall of Fame
- Art In Conversation: Black Resistance in Contemporary Art exhibit at the Museum of Sonoma County
- Exhibit at the Petaluma Museum: From Enslavement to the Path of Freedom: The Power of Black Resistance.
Suzanna: 26 day racial healing journey
After George Floyd’s murder by a Minneapolis Police officer on May 25, 2020, our mindfulness community came together as a commitment to being a positive force for racial justice. We continue to evolve these monthly open meetings to affect real and lasting change in the fabric of the United States and the world.
Each session is inspiring as we listen, learn, share and stir up ideas and actions, supporting each other in a safe space.