UPDATE: All are welcome to join community-led meeting during instructor’s healing pause.
- Book: The Bluest Eye (A novel by Toni Morrison)
- Video: Why I wrote The Bluest Eye
- By request, we will experience more guided exercises from My Grandmother’s Hands by Resmaa Menakem.
- NOTE: May is AAPI Heritage Month: What you can do in the Bay Area.
- July 9 — Participant Presentation – Liz (Possible prompts: What brings you to this work? What does it mean to you to live in a culture of systemic racism? Or, your own prompt.)
- August — All that She Carried The Journey of Ashley’s Sack, a Black Family Keepsake (Tiya Miles)
- The Davies UU Service is 44 minutes, recorded, that invites you into the sacred work of anti-racism and the dismantling of white supremacy. Included in this experience of truth-telling is an exploration of key vocabulary, poetry and prose, and an interactive presentation. Excellent. Together, this congregation leans into the work of ending oppression and embracing diversity and inclusion. The live service also included music and song.
- May is AAPI Heritage Month: What you can do in the Bay Area.
After George Floyd’s murder by a Minneapolis Police officer on May 25, 2020, our mindfulness community came together as a commitment to being a positive force for racial justice. We continue to evolve these monthly open meetings to affect real and lasting change in the fabric of the United States and the world.
Each session is inspiring as we listen, learn, share and stir up ideas and actions, supporting each other in a safe space.
Register here for this free event.