- Book: White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of our Racial Divide (Carol Anderson)
- Video: Carol Anderson White Rage, Emory Faculty Lecture (51 mins)
- Podcast: White Rage, Integrated Schools Podcast (67 mins)
Planning Ahead: Let’s read some novels by black writers! Add suggestions in the comments below.
- May 14 — Giovanni’s Room (A novel by James Baldwin)
- June — The Bluest Eye (A novel by Toni Morrison)
Josephine: So many great offerings by Campolindo High School’s Diversity and Inclusion team. May it serve as an inspiration for our efforts.
Beverly: One Night in Miami (film) A fictional account of one incredible night where icons Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, Sam Cooke, and Jim Brown gathered discussing their roles in the Civil Rights Movement and cultural upheaval of the 60s.
Paul: Sogorea Te’ Land Trust, An urban Indigenous women-led land trust based in the San Francisco Bay Area that facilitates the return of Indigenous land to Indigenous people.
After George Floyd’s murder by a Minneapolis Police officer on May 25, 2020, our mindfulness community came together as a commitment to being a positive force for racial justice. We continue to evolve these monthly open meetings to affect real and lasting change in the fabric of the United States and the world.
Each session is inspiring as we listen, learn, share and stir up ideas and actions, supporting each other in a safe space.
Register here for this free event.