- The Inner Work of Racial Justice, Rhonda V. Magee (Healing Ourselves and Transforming our Communities through Mindfulness)
- TEDX Video: The Inner Work of Racial Justice, Rhonda Magee
- Be a listening presence.
- Share any anti-racism work you’re doing in the community to inspire or invite us.
- Discuss the content listed above (and resources below)
- Express your personal experiences and evolving awareness related to racism.
- Share names of black-owned businesses, insights, or just respond in the moment.
Nancy: (Video) White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Nation’s Divide – 52-minute YouTube – Emory University Distinguished Faculty Lecture, Carol Anderson, Professor and Chair of African American Studies April 9, 2018
Jade (Articles and Website):
- Prime California beachfront real estate set to return to Black family nearly a century after government seizure
- Breaking the Negative Stigma of Black Breastfeeding: The Historic Trauma
- Alchemy of Breath–actively projecting your love and light into the world
Beverly: Art Exhibit at Legion of Honor — Wangechi Mutu: I Am Speaking, Are You Listening?
Please let me know if you have a resource to share with the group!
After George Floyd’s murder by a Minneapolis Police officer on May 25, 2020, our mindfulness community came together as a commitment to being a positive force for racial justice. We continue to evolve these monthly open meetings to affect real and lasting change in the fabric of the United States and the world.
Each session is inspiring as we listen, learn, share and stir up ideas and actions, supporting each other in a safe space.
Register here for this free event.