- Music documentary The Summer of Soul
- High on the Hog — The history of African American Food (Netflix)
- Visit Marcus Books in Oakland in person!
In this meeting for all people you can:
- Be a listening presence.
- Let us know about anti-racism work you’re doing in the community to inspire and/or invite us.
- Discuss the content listed above
- Discuss Dr. Robin DeAngelo’s complete talk on White Fragility.
- Express your personal experiences and evolving awareness related to racism and racial justice.
- Share names of black-owned businesses, insights, or just respond in the moment.
After George Floyd’s murder by a Minneapolis Police officer on May 25, 2020, our mindfulness community came together as a commitment to being a positive force for racial justice. We continue to evolve these monthly open meetings to affect real and lasting change in the fabric of the United States and the world.
Each session is inspiring as we listen, learn, share and stir up ideas and actions. It’s a meeting of minds and hearts, supporting each other in a safe space.
Register here for this free event.